Minutes of Meeting, March 23, 2015
BOARD OF TRUSTEES MEETING
March 23, 2015
On March 23, 2015, the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees met at the Shawnee Township Administration Building, 2530 Fort Amanda Rd., Lima, Ohio. Chairman Belton called the meeting to order at 10:00 a.m. Roll call indicated those present as follows: Trustee David Belton, Trustee Russ Holly, Chief Mike Keith, Chief Todd Truesdale, Zoning Inspector Mark Bishop, Superintendent Howard Gray and Administrative Assistant Missy Van Meter. Trustee Chris Seddelmeyer, Fiscal Officer Stephanie Hoffer and Attorney Clay Balyeat were absent.
Mr. Holly made a motion for the Board to Table the Minutes of the Regular Meeting of March 9, 2015, Mr. Belton seconded the motion. Motion passed 2-0.
Trustee Holly made a motion to pass the Financial Report for February 2015. Trustee Belton seconded the motion. Motion passed 2-0.
Absent The Trustees requested that the Southwood Drive house, Pothole damage to tire and the Greens house situations be reviewed for an opinion and possible legal action.
RESOLUTION 27-15 Acceptance of Memorandum of Understanding for FOP
BE IT RESOLVED that the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees hereby accepts the attached Memorandum of Understanding between the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees and the Paternal Order of Police (Patrol Officers and Sergeants Unit) modifying Section 12.4 Compensatory Time in Article 12, Hours of Work/Overtime in collective bargaining agreement for the term October 1, 2013 through September 30, 2016. (Agreement Attached) Mr. Holly motioned for approval, Mr. Belton seconded, and the motion carried 2-0. Roll Call: Mr. Belton, Yes Mr. Holly, Yes Mrs. Seddelmeyer, Absent
RESOLUTION 28-15 Pay Increase for Detective Don Marik
WHEREAS Don Marik has been employed since March 6, 2012 as a part-time Detective with the Shawnee Township Police Department and has always displayed exemplary conduct and has continued to represent Shawnee Township in a manner of integrity, and; NOW THEREFORE BE IT RESOLVED that the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees, under the recommendation of Chief Keith, shall increase Mr. Marik’s hourly wage by fifty cents (.50) to be effective retroactive to March 8, 2015. Mr. Holly motioned for approval, Mr. Belton seconded, and the motion carried 2-0. Roll Call: Mr. Belton, Yes Mr. Holly, Yes Mrs. Seddelmeyer, Absent
RESOLUTION 29-15 FMLA – Connie Miller
BE IT RESOLVED that the Shawnee Township Board of Trustees authorize Full-time Dispatcher Connie Miller to begin Family Medical Leave effective March 30, 2015 and to accumulate per hour as used as per the Family Medical Leave Act regulations. Mr. Holly motioned for approval, Mr. Belton seconded, and the motion carried 2-0. Roll Call: Mr. Belton, Yes Mr. Holly, Yes Mrs. Seddelmeyer, Absent
• Doing BP Checks at Optimist Pancake Day • Discussion on HB 64. Letter to legislators regarding impact of loss of funds
• Coffee with a Cop, Saturday, March 28, 2015 at Shawnee McDonalds • Request for Chief to participate in charity Dance off in October
• Submitted Road Program • Request to the County Engineer to extend the 3 lanes all the way to Zurmhely Road • LJB waiting on Buckeye Pipeline to finish specs on Ft. Shawnee Industrial Drive project
• Inspection on Southwood Drive • Flooding at 3301 S. Dixie Hwy. due to installation of pond next door (Sending to Clay for review) • Inspection of Riverview Drive vacant home with water flowing out of the basement and foundation • Clarence Jones was fined $100.00 for failing to properly clean up property at 1000 Daniels Avenue .
• Health Department meeting scheduled for Thursday, March 26, 2015 • Thank you letter from resident regarding the kind actions and treatment she received by dispatcher Jake Breitigan • February Minutes from Allen Water District • Regional Planning Transportation Project Draft • Clean up day set for May 16, 2015 from 8 – 2 • Ottawa River Coalition Fish Fry April 3, 2015
Mr. Holly motioned that the board approve paying the bills by resolution, Mr. Belton seconded, and the motion was passed 2-0. Roll call: Mr. Belton (yes) Mr. Holly (yes) Mrs. Seddelmeyer (absent)
With no further business to be brought before the Board of Trustees, Trustee Holly motioned for adjournment, Trustee Belton seconded and the motion carried 2-0. Meeting adjourned 10:29 a.m.